Sell My Caravan
Selling your caravan is a big decision, as is deciding on the best way to go about it. Below is a short guide on the things to consider, the different ways of selling and how Caravan Depot compares to the other alternatives. When a caravan owner comes to sell their caravan, there are generally three factors that influence their decision about how to sell. The price they will get, how quickly they can sell and how easy it will be. The alternative approaches to selling a caravan tend to favour one of these factors or another, as we shall discuss below. However, only brokerage gives you the ability to blend these factors or indeed, to change focus should your needs change.
What Caravan Brokerage Is
A broker is simply someone that sells something on another person’s behalf. In this case, our brokers sell caravans on behalf of their owners. Another way to think of us is as the “Estate agents for caravans”. Just like an estate would do with your home, we expose your caravan to the widest possible market in order to get you the best price.
The Caravan Depot Selling Process
But let’s start at the beginning. If you were considering selling your caravan through Caravan Depot today, here’s how it works:
The first thing to do is to get in touch with us. You can do this via any of the means on our contact us page. Or you can request a free valuation by clicking caravan valuation. At this point you will be contacted by your local broker for a chat about your caravan. The process from here, is for them to come and see your caravan, agree a price to market it at and take a detailed description and photos. From there, it will be listed on our website, which attracts hundreds of thousands of visitors a year, plus a range of other top caravan sales websites including Autotrader.
Once the marketing goes live, your broker will deal with all of the enquiries for you, put forward any offers, conduct negotiations and finalise the deal for you. They will organise the hand over arrangements and payment will be made to you via our secure account. You only hand over the keys once you are happy that you have cleared funds in your bank account. And all the while, your caravan stays safely on your driveway!
The Benefits of Selling with Motorhome Depot
Using Caravan Depot is the easy, no risk way to sell your caravan. There are a number of advantages that may appeal to you including the following:
- No upfront costs – there are no up-front costs when you sell through Caravan Depot and therefore, no financial risk to trying our service.
- No sale, no fee – if for some reason your caravan does not sell, there is no cost to you. (By the way, almost all of the caravans on our website sell!)
- The widest advertising coverage – as you know, the wider the advertising coverage, the better the chance of getting a quick sale at the price you want. No-one comes close to advertising your caravan across the wide array of websites that Caravan Depot does.
- We do the Work for You - don’t fancy dealing with buyers, haggling over the price, worrying if the payment is genuine or when to release the keys? No problem, we do all of that for you. Our brokers spend all day selling caravans, are very professional and very comfortable with the whole process. Just leave it to them!
- Avoid Any Worries About Fraud – fraud is a growing problem, yes, even in the world of private caravan sales. Our secure payment system protects you from this. If you are interested in reading about some actual instances of fraud in the caravan market, have a look at our caravan advice page.
- We sell all caravans – our service is not aimed at any particular sector of the market. You will see that we sell a huge range of types, makes, models and prices with equal success. No matter what it is, if you have one to sell, Caravan Depot is the place to do it.
Alternative Ways of Selling Your Caravan
Of course, there are other ways of selling your caravan. Let’s have a look at how Caravan Depot compares to them:
Advertising it yourself – the best case scenario here is that you get lucky and find a genuine buyer, at the right price whilst incurring relatively little outlay on advertising costs. This can happen. However, with our advertising power reaching a wider market, our goal is to get you a better price, do all of the work for you and incur the advertising costs ourselves. Selling to a caravan dealer – the great benefit of selling your caravan to a dealer is convenience. The big downside of course, is the price you will get for it. Dealers have high overheads and it’s you that pays for them. Whether just selling to them or as part of a part-exchange deal, the margins the dealer requires on resale means the price you receive will be lower than the price you would market your caravan through Caravan Depot at. (Tip: the best way to get a bargain from a dealer is to sell first and then present yourself as a cash buyer.)
Selling to a caravan buyer – there are companies around that specialise in buying caravans for cash. Even more convenient than selling to a dealer, these companies come and collect your caravan from you. However, again, prices offered for this convenience tend to be very low. If you are going to investigate this route, make sure you only speak to one of the credible, national companies like Buy My Caravan.
The Flexibility of Caravan Brokerage
Now, here’s the interesting thing. At the beginning of the article we mentioned that caravan sellers often choose a method of sale dependent on a combination of factors. That is price, speed of sale and how easy it will be. The alternatives above can offer you one or two of these things. With Caravan Depot you can get all three.
You know we will make it easy for you. If you’re not in a hurry, we can test the market for you at a bold price. If a sale becomes more urgent, we can tweak the price, re-advertise, re-contact people that had previously shown an interest and generally speed the process up. Back to that estate agent analogy again!
In summary, Caravan Depot offers you a no sale, no fee service, with no up-front costs, that is flexible to suit your needs and reaches the widest possible market to get the best price.
What to do now
Contact us today for a free valuation or to chat to your local broker about selling your or caravan.